Monday, July 27, 2009

I want to post the words to a song I learned last year in a Christian home. I could so relate to the words of this song, and it's such a comfort when you come to the words of the chorus and the second verse. Please read it and think about the words, then I'll share something else hopeful at the end.

"THERE IS HOPE"
1st Verse: "Sometimes we go through trials that are so hard to bear,
We lift our face toward Heaven saying, 'God, are you really there?'
I've asked that same question; yes, I've been down that road.
But looking back, I now can tell you, He's alwys let me know...
Chorus: There is hope, so be strong, there is hope.
God has sent me here to tell you there is hope.
And he knows just what you're going through and what the future holds.
Because Jesus lives, there is hope!
2nd Verse: He was bruised for our transgression, He was nailed upon the tree.
He cried out to His Father, 'Why have you forsaken me?'
But, through my suffering Savior, He brought healing to our pain,
And the One who raised up from the dead can restore us all again.
(chorus again) add...
There is hope, there is hope. My Jesus still whispers, 'There is hope."
For the One who has gone astray, Jesus says 'I am the way.'
Do don't give up, there is hope!
And He knows just what you're going through, and what the future holds.
Because Jesus lives (echo) Because Jesus lives,
So don't give up, there is hope!"
Note: I don't know who wrote the words to this song, so I just put it in quotes. But think about the words. If you don't know about this hope you can have in Christ, please read "My Story Of Hope" which will tell you a little about the hope I've found in my life. The saying, "Once a cutter, always a cutter" (or put another word in the place of "cutter") is a lie. There IS hope for change. If Jesus didn't die for you, there WOULD be no hope, ever! But He DID die for you!! Who else could love you that much? I'd like to share something hopeful with you before I go. It's good news that comes from the Bible, God's word to you and me. Psalm 34:18 says, "The Lord is CLOSE TO THE BROKENHEARTED and saves those who are CRUSHED in spirit." That is good news! If you are brokenhearted, whether others know about it or not, GOD knows. He knows and he cares. You have someone you can go to with your heartaches and struggles. More importantly, He is someone who offers you a FREE gift, to choose him and follow his way instead of your own, to spend eternity with him in a place beyond your imagination, to never be separated from him and from that love that he has for you. If you have any questions or want to know more about something I've mentioned, please contact me. I'd be happy to do whatever I can to help you, encourage you, be your friend, and share with you the hope that God can give you. I'm learning and growing each day too. We are all in the same process, but it's something you don't have to do alone. :0)

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this song is there anyway that you could send the words & sheet music to me? I would greatly appreciate it.. Thank you for posting it and also your comments I really enjoyed it. Sincerely Judy Roberson my email address -- twilite6759@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this song! I was so blessed when I heard this one.

    ReplyDelete